2022 Specialized Alpinist CLX II Rear Satin Carbon/Gloss Black 700C
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Feel your bike come alive on the open road with the new Alpinist CLX II—the lightest, best-handling clincher wheels we have ever made. Hyper-responsive acceleration, magic in the corners, sublime over rough roads, all elevated with the performance of a tubeless system. There’s no room for a single excess gram whether you’re chasing summits or ride quality because perfection is only achieved when there is nothing left to take away.
It takes more than a lightweight rim to deliver the incredible reactivity and handling of the tubeless Alpinist CLX II. The wheelset is designed as a system with our engineers controlling and testing every part of that system—hubs, rims, spokes, lacing—and developing it hand-in-hand with Specialized Tubeless tires. The result is a 1250-gram tubeless wheelset with otherworldly ride quality.
The Alpinist CLX II utilizes a hooked rim (allowing for real-world riding pressures up to 110psi, if that’s your thing) for secure tire bead retention and an easier set up and mounting experience than ever before. All in a wheel that almost doubles current industry impact standards while managing to achieve the lightest weight possible.
Our all-new LFD hubs are the spinning heart of the Alpinist CLX II. We carved 50 grams out of the previous Alpinist CLX hub with new low-profile hub bodies and machined rotor mounts. Inside, DT Swiss EXP internals and SINC ceramic bearings deliver silky-smooth efficiency and outstanding durability.
- Rim: Alpinist CLX Cabon Clincher, 700c, Disc Brake, Tubeless
- Rim Details: 33mm Depth, 27mm External Width, 21mm Internal Width
- Hub: Roval LFD (LFD13/LF14R) Center Lock, DT Swiss 180 Ratchet EXP 36t internals (10 degs), 100x12mm & 142x12mm, Shim. RD. 11SP HG freehub
- Bearing Type: DT Swiss SINC Ceramic Bearings
- Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite T-head, Front: Radial/One-cross (2:1) 21 count, DS: 276mm, NDS: 290mm, Rear: One-cross/Two-cross (2:1), DS: 288mm NDS: 286mm
- Nipple: DT Swiss Hex Prolock Al 2.0x14mm
- Tire Size: 24mm - 38mm, Max Pressure: 24mm-35mm: Tubeless (110psi) Tubed (130psi), 36mm-38mm: Tubeless (60psi) Tubed (60psi)
- Weight: Wheelset 1,265g, Front 570g, Rear 694g (including 15g, tubeless rim tape and tubeless valve)
- Assembly Method: Hand built at every step, from rim layup to the last nipple turn.
- Extras: Roval Rim Tape, Spare Spoke & Nipple Kit, System Weight Limit: 275lbs/125kg